Introduction to CCP-WSI
Monday 16th September 2019
Belfast (Exact location to be confirmed)
Description and Aim
The Introduction to CCP-WSI Code Developments workshop is a free to attend training event hosted at Queen’s University Belfast. This workshop forms the first day of the CCP-WSI Hackathon but is open to all and will showcase some of the key code developments currently held within the CCP-WSI Code Repository. The workshop will be a ‘hands-on’ event giving attendees the chance to try out some of the exciting new features being developed by the WSI community. The aim of the event is to bring together researchers in the field of wave structure interaction, provide training on the use of specific WSI code developments and demonstrate the value of working collaboratively on open-source software. A basic understanding of running OpenFOAM simulations is assumed and some experience using Git is preferred (although not essential).
In order to participate fully in the ‘hands-on’ parts of the day attendees will need to bring a laptop computer with OpenFOAM 4.1 installed and the CCP-WSI Code Repository cloned as per the instructions online.
Registration for the Introduction to CCP-WSI Code Developments is now closed. Sign up to the combined CCP-WSI and SIG-WSI Community Mailing List to receive notifications of future CCP-WSI activities and events by completing the contact us form.
Agenda (subject to change)
- 10:00 – 10:30 REGISTRATION and COFFEE
- 10:30 – 10:40 Welcome
– Prof. Su Taylor (Queen’s University Belfast)
- 10:40 – 10:45 Housekeeping and introduction to the day
- 10:45 – 11:00 Wave generation – expression-based & moving meshes
- 11:00 – 11:30 [Hands-on] numerical wave flume example
- 11:30 – 11:45 BREAK
- 11:45 – 12:00 wsiFoam – multi-region, zonalCFD solver
- 12:00 – 13:30 [Hands-on] multi-region wave flume example
- 13:30 – 14:15 LUNCH
- 14:15 – 14:30 Coupled body forces and restraints
- 14:30 – 16:00 [Hands-on] moored, floating tidal stream energy device in waves and currents
- 16:00 – 16:45 WSI applications (incl. ‘lightning talks’)
- 16:45 – 17:00 CLOSE of the Introduction to CCP-WSI Code Developments Workshop
Registration for this event has closed.